Kuala Lumpur, 22 January 2020 - Asia’s Largest Electronic Music Conference & Festival, Wired Music Week (WMW) , takes to the skies from 12th to 15th March 2020 up in Zouk Genting, featuring a roster of acclaimed music industry giants such as Markus Schulz, Laidback Luke, Arkham Knights and more.
The third installment of WMW will be centred around the theme of Sustainability within all aspects of the global electronic music industry, and will feature the likes of Jacob Merlin (1001tracklists) , Robin Leembruggen (Liquid State) , and Stephen Dowler (Monstercat). The conference will explore the topics such as Radio In A Streaming Age , to discuss the sustainability of radio airplay against the rise of digital streaming platforms. On the events front, WMW will be deep diving into the topic, Music Festivals: Make, Break or Sustain , to take a look at a music promoter’s role in contributing to environmental sustainability, as well as efforts to ensure brand sustainability. The conference will also have debate panels with topics such as, Music Sustainability: Label Deals vs. Independent Releases Debate , to shed light on different sides of the industry and how to thrive as an artist.
WMW’s new pillar Wired Black, which focuses on the growth and expansion of the underground electronic music scene, will feature experts such as Wayne Lee (Zouk Singapore) , Nakadia (TH) and Zaran Vachha (Collective Minds) . Wired Black will explore topics relating to sustainability and the underground scene such as Young & Thirsty: The Art of Moving The Young Over To The Underground as well as an in-depth look into the trajectory for aspiring independent musicians with From Nothing To Something Big: From Bedroom DJs to Warehouse Parties .
Another new pillar that will be introduced in WMW 2020 is Connect: China, in collaboration with electronic music China Pioneer, Paul Neuteboom (CEO, BrotherHood Music, China) to bridge the Chinese electronic music industry with the rest of Asia. This pillar will explore topics such as Streaming Music Within The Great Firewall and China: A Guide & Strategic Plan To Work Your Way Around The Region , featuring the likes of David Luce , Erik Leenders and more.
Conference attendees will also get the chance to learn from the best with WMW’s workshops featuring key players in the global industry such as DJ and music producer Laidback Luke , who will lead the workshop The Power of Creative DJing . AI experts of the music industry, Musiio , will be leading the workshop, AI & The Future of Music Search For DJs and famed Dutch recording label, Revealed Recordings , will be presenting two workshops: Social Advertising For Artists and How To Get Signed By Record Label .
Of course, WMW wouldn’t be complete without its iconic afterparties. Attendees can expect a lineup of DJ acts that includes the likes of Markus Schulz , Arkham Knights and more, who are sure to set the dancefloors of Zouk Genting ablaze with their electrifying tunes.
Full list of Phase 1 speakers and artists appended below:
PHASE 1 LINEUP OF SPEAKERS & ARTISTS SPEAKERS:
1. Stijn Van Dijken [NL] - Event Manager, Revealed Recordings
2. Jacob Merlin [US] - Chief Marketing Officer, 1001tracklists
3. Oskar Eichler [GR] - Chief Operating Officer, 1001tracklists
4. Evan Sacks [US] - Chief Executive Officer, 1001tracklists
5. Adam Mathews [MY] - Founder, Plural Asia
6. Karla Wong [MY] - Founder, Plural Asia
7. Paul Neuteboom [NL] - Chief Executive Officer, Brotherhood Music
8. Keith Tan [SG] - Director, Marketing Development, Cdbaby
9. Akhda Khalid [IND] - Chief Executive Officer, DanceSignal
10.Sanjeev Raj [MY] - Entertainment Manager, Kyo Club KL
11.Mack Hampson [UK] - Commercial Director, Musiio
12.Tobias Fowler [AUS] - Director, Abstrkt
13.Robin Leembruggen [NL] - Head of A&R & Artist Relation, Liquid State
14.Jesper Skibsby [DK] Chief Executive Officer, WARM
15.Kyle Bagley [US] Chief Executive Officer, Groove Dynasty
16.Stephen Dowler [US] Brand Manager APAC, Monstercat
17.Jonathan Charles [MY] Pisco Bar & JK58Asia
18.Zaran Vachha [HK] - Co Founder, Collective Minds
19.Wayne Lee [SG] - General Manager, Zouk Singapore
20.Mikail Schemn [PH] - Founder, CC:Concepts
21.Roshan Menon [MY] - Founder, Saturday Selects
22.Joseph Ryan [UK] - Directors of Special Projects, Zouk Genting
23.Nigel Hills [MY] - Head of Production, Zouk Live
24.David Luce [CA] - Founder, Shft Asia
25.Michiel Roosjen [NL] - Co Founder, House of China
26.Merlijn Poolman [NL] - Nightmayor, City of Groningen
27.Alex He [CN] - Chief Executive Officer, Beam Artists
28.Erik Leenders [NL] - Managing Director, David Lewis Productions Asia-Pacific
29.Ronin [SG] - Creative Director, Superface Club
1. Laidback Luke [NL]
2. Markus Schulz [GR]
3. Arkham Knights [UK]
4. Irwan [NL]
5. Nakadia [TH]
6. Dexter King [CN]
7. Ailia [CN]
8. Izzi [CN]
Full list of Phase 1 keynote, panels and workshop topics appended below:
WIRED MUSIC WEEK 2020
INDUSTRY PANEL / KEYNOTE / DEBATE PANEL:
1. The Evolution of The DJ and Production Industry Over The Past Two Decades By Markus Schulz
2. Balancing & Sustainability - Artists Living A Double Life
3. Music Sustainability: Label Deals vs. Independent Releases Debate
4. Radio In A Streaming Age
5. Unlock The Value of Global Radio Airplay Data 6. Music Festivals: Make, Break or Sustain
7. Data Insights: How & Why Data Matter? - (Hosted By 1001tracklists)
8. Mental Health: What has changed, Since our last discussion?
9. Zouk: Creating Club Experiences Anywhere
10.Going Green: The Music Industry’s Impact on The Environment
1. Revealed Recordings Pres. Social Advertising For Artists
2. Revealed Recordings Pres. How To Get Signed By Record Label
3. Musiio Pres. AI & The Future of Music Search For DJs
4. Laidback Luke Pres. The Power of Creative DJing
INDUSTRY PANEL / KEYNOTE:
1. Young & Thirsty: The Art of Moving The Young Over To The Underground.
2. From Nothing To Something Big: From Bedroom DJs to Warehouse Parties, Understanding The Trajectory.
3. The Evolution of Revolution: Keeping Underground Music Alive, How Does One Do So In A Market Where The Underground Is Shifting Towards Mainstream.
4. Queer History and Its Role In Keeping The Underground Alive.
5. Creating A Better Network Through Journalism.
6. Record Labels & Publishing In Asia.
7. The Art of Negotiation - Being A Music Director In Asia, Today & Yesterday
INDUSTRY PANEL / KEYNOTE:
1. Streaming Music Within The Great Firewall
2. China: A Guide & Strategic Plan To Work Your Way Around The Region
3. China’s Role In Asia and The World: Now and The Future
This is only the first lineup announcement for WMW 2020, watch this space with more confirmed speakers and topics to come soon.
As the official venue partner, Zouk Genting will be opening its doors to WMW attendees, as well as offering other outlets including Empire, Redtail, and FUHU to serve as the backdrop across the conference weekend.
Tickets are now available for sale at https://wmw2020.pouchnation.com/
For more information about Wired Music Week, head on to www.wmw.my or check out
their social media platforms below:
Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | LinkedIn