It is official!! Wired Music Week, dubbed as Asia's Largest Electronic Music Conference + Festival just dropped their full line up and psst, we heard that there might be a few more on the way!!!
With over 80+ artists, speakers, professionals - each from their field of expertise; we have no doubt that this 2nd edition of Wired Music Week will be the talk of the year!
Tickets are still available at their site WMW TICKETING or purchase them via POUCHNATION.
And just in case you're still not convinced... Here are
7 REASONS WHY WMW SHOULD MATTER TO YOU!!!
1. With over 80+ artists, speakers, and professionals in the field attending the conference, this makes WMW as Asia's Largest Celebration in Electronic Music! Some of them include: Olly James, Dr. Phunk, RayRay, Dimatik, Rave Republic, Myrne, and our Malaysian pride: Spuds, Kuizz, and Goldfish+Blink
2. For all you budding musicians, this is the golden opportunity for you to connect with worldwide recording labels during WMW's demo drop sessions. Labels present include: Barong Family, Revealed Recordings, Armada Music, Future House Music, 2-Dutch Music Group, Spinnin Records, and more!!
3. Take this chance to invest in your interest, your career, your hobby, more importantly - Yourself. Wired Music Week is built upon the mindset of endless possibilities surrounding the ever-evolutioning music industry. Whether you are a budding or seasoned musician, or even an individual who recently sparked curiosity in this entertainment zone, attending WMW will help you open your eyes to the wide scope of potential careers and prospects in this field and beyond.
4. WMW being a push on promoting awareness of digital advancements within the music industry among young professionals have gained support by local & regional digital advanced companies: 1001 Tracklists, Mynic, Musiio, Jupiter.
5. If you are one who appreciates the newest gadgets & gizmos of music gear and equipments, then you'll be glad to know that you may get first-hand experience in trying out the latest inventions by: Sonarworks, Ableton, Void, Focusrite, Novation, FL Studio, and more!
6. Taking over Kuala Lumpur city center after sunset w/ WMW festival themed after parties at KL’s top party spots. Party venues include: Zouk Club KL, Kyo KL, The Iron Fairies, Jiro KL, Red Room, The Rouge Club.
7. Joining this proud locally-Malaysian founded event, is 2 of Malaysia's biggest festival organizers: Future Sound Asia ( Good Vibes Festival) & Livescape (It's The Ship). After-all, it is about supporting each other & be proud of our homeland talents, no? ;)
So hop on and get your WMW 2019 tickets TODAY!!!
Visit their site WMW TICKETING or purchase your passes via POUCHNATION.
ARMIN VAN BUUREN ENCOURAGES SINGLES WITH ATYPICAL VALENTINE'S DAY SONG: 'LONELY FOR YOU' (FEAT. BONNIE MCKEE)
Especially after a love-scented day as Valentine's Day, it's important not to forget that everyone deserves a bit of love. So, to warm the hearts of not only couples, but also of everyone still looking to find that special someone, Armin van Buuren has unleashed a brand-new single – and accompanying music video – that no amount of lit candles and rose petals can compete with: 'Lonely For You' (feat. Bonnie McKee).
Listen to Armin van Buuren feat. Bonnie McKee – Lonely For You
Watch the official music video here
An atypical love song so many people can draw strength from, Armin van Buuren's 'Lonely For You' is empowering in its own unique way. Featuring Bonnie McKee's dynamic and emotional vocals that blend superbly with the mash of poppy chords and drum and bass-inspired rhythms, this track puts Armin van Buuren's experimental side in the limelight in the best possible way.
Armin van Buuren: "'Lonely For You' was written with the lovely Bonnie McKee. For me, it resembles the struggles we all face with and in relationships, ups and downs. I think it was appropriate to release it around Valentine's Day!"
Bonnie McKee: "Lonely For You' is a song about recovering from losing someone, picking up the pieces and putting one foot in front of the other to move on from them – almost. Sometimes, we are able to logically talk ourselves out of loving someone, and even feel relieved that they're gone...but in the lonely hours of darkness in the still of the night, those feelings can creep up from the shadows and suck us back into the trap of missing that someone, even if we know they're not right for us."
American singer-songwriter Bonnie McKee is no stranger to the upper reaches of the music industry. Throughout her blossoming career, she has (co-)written songs for global superstars such as Katy Perry ('Part Of Me', 'Wide Awake', 'California Girls', Teenage Dream' and 'Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)'), Taio Cruz ('Dynamite'), Britney Spears ('Hold It Against Me'), Elliot Yamin, Rita Ora, Ke$ha, Cheryl, Adam Lambert and Rusko. Now, she teams up with none other than Grammy-nominated, five-time #1 DJ in the world Armin van Buuren for a wonderful single that's bound to ignite a fiery passion in listeners worldwide.
There’s no question to the success of the anthem “Gaia” that arose from the collaboration of some of the greatest minds in music: Vini Vici, Blastoyz and Jean Marie. The song has already eared over 1.2 million Youtube views, and hundreds of thousands of streams on a variety of platforms. It’s one you can expect to hear on heavy rotation all year long, and rightfully so!
Together, these three artists created an absolute smash to cap off this year. “Gaia” was premiered by Vini Vici at Tomorrowland this past summer, mesmerizing the crowd with its hypnotic rhythms and a booming drop.
We are thrilled to show our love and support for “Gaia” as it’s iconic artwork is this month’s pick for cover art of the month.
We had the chance to talk with this guys about “Gaia” and what 2019 has in store for them. Enjoy!
- We love your latest release "Gaia". How this collaboration started?
Vini Vici: We meat Jean Marie at Ultra Europe back stage, we had some good time and after a while the idea of collaboration come in mind, we show him some idea we started together with Blastoyz he loved it and joined in.
Jean Marie: I met Vini Vici at Ultra Miami back in 2017 , since then i started to love them and to play their tracks, then... my dream became to make a track with them! At Ultra Europe 2018 we had a backstage-meeting and we started to plan a collaboration: then Gaia was born!
- What are your plans for 2019?
Vini Vici: We have so many plans, lots of new collaboration with so much fresh ideas.
Alteza nights (our label) at Tomorrowland and world wide, new merchandise
and endless show all over the globe.
Jean Marie: 2019 is kicking off with many new shows and some big tours and i am planing two more big releases!
Blastoyz: I'll keep on releasing some more dance floor bombs and more collaborations, I already have some big festivals confirmed for the summer , it's going to be insane.
- Leave a message for your fans in Asia
Vini Vici: Peace, Love, Unity Respect and Good Vibes Only
Jean Marie: I love Asia and i love asian people, their way to party and feel the music is unique: much love and respect to Asia!
Blastoyz: Thank you for all the support, I hope to be back in Asia soon again to reach and play some shows for you all!
Make sure to follow the artists :
Follow Vini Vici:
Follow Jean Marie:
@2019 DJ Mag Malaysia
Nearly 21 years ago Stardust put out their timeless single, “Music Sounds Better With You”. It’s an immaculate tune that still reverberates at clubs and festivals to this day, and holds a special place in Petey Mac’s heart.
Coming off of a big year in 2018, the young Seattle-based artist established himself with big singles like “Dirty Birdz”, “Every Other Night”, and a remix for the grammy award winning Mr. Talkbox. His music earned club and radio play all over the world, with support from Daddy’s Groove, Billboard Radio, Data Transmission, and Shane 54.
He’s back and better than ever, kicking off 2019 with a brand new remix, dusting off this classic from Stardust in perfect fashion. The arrangement grips you right from the start, featuring careful sampling and an intoxicating groove that is going to shake dance floors all around the world.
“This remix is really special to me because this song is one of the reasons I got into producing house music in the first place. There’s so much soul and groove and just heart in it. I wanted to pay homage to it and also put a little spin on it. I’m really happy with the end result and cannot wait to share this with everyone!”
Petey Mac’s remix to “Music Sounds Better With You” will be released worldwide Friday, 2/1. Stream it below!
Stream “The Music Sounds Better With You (Petey Mac Remix)”